Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Elizabethan Polychrome Waistcoat Recreation. Left Front Panel - Currently in progress.

Hey! Welcome back! I am playing catch up. My Facebook was my personal costuming blog and some of these posts really are just the tip of the iceburg.
So I have set a goal of completing my waistcoat this year, before kingdom A&S 2015. Wish me luck!

 The Color scheme got bigger :) I try not to walk into embroidery stores any more. I'll want to see their stash of Soi Perlee.

 This is really daunting. When starting over again from scratch after embroidering a marathon of one panel, but to consider how awesome it will be when the entire jacket is finished. I had messed up the patterning, but fixed it. Extra lines on the construction, one won't be able to see once the waistcoat is complete and I can live with that!

 I decided a different plan of attack, by doing all color schemes one at a time. It went by really fast.

 Referring to my own color scheme, I will pull out the finished piece and look at it for guidence. I used to do this with the picture from Christies.

 When I got to this point, I thought it would be nice to have a break. So I took one for a couple of months, then picked it up again to do the leaves.

 Starting the Plaited Braid stitch, it really goes by pretty fast.

 This is the current progress to date.
And check this out! The WHOLE picture finally. Its interesting to see the bottom motifs finally.

No comments:

Post a Comment